So I am actually following through with my New Years resolution... I'm attempting to blog. This past year has been full of ups and downs, but in a nutshell, it's been completely amazing. On February 20th, 2010, Erik and I were married in Redding, CA at a gorgeous wedding of our dreams. We then enjoyed a fabulous honeymoon at Walt Disney World. It was an incredible week full of amazing food, great memories, NFL The Weekend and a beautiful suite at the Yacht Club Resort. Only a few weeks before our wedding, I had moved up to Medford, OR to take a job at KOBI NBC 5 as the Special Projects Coordinator. As Erik was still in Redding finishing up his job there, it was a crazy few weeks leading up to the wedding. Needless to say, it was so wonderful to come home from our fabulous trip, as husband and wife, to a home together, in the SAME state! This past year in Oregon has been such a learning experience for both of us, professionally and personally, and we have grown so close as a couple. God has truly blessed us in so many ways. Although we went through 2 moves, selling our house, a job lay-off, a serious illness and a miscarriage, we also met some wonderful new friends, connected at a great church, settled into a beautiful home, established ourselves in our professions, welcomed our nephew Thomas Koppes to the world and of course, were blessed to find out we're expecting our son, Noah James. And his due date? February 20, 2011, exactly one year from our wedding date. We couldn't ask for a better anniversary present. What a year! It's been an amazing ride so far.



Erik is currently the Marketing Manager for the Medford and Klamath Falls Aaron's stores. He does all of the outside marketing & sales and loves it. His Business Marketing degree is under way and after long days at work he comes home to long nights of online classes. Oh, and always manages to help with everything around the house. Yes, I have an amazing husband. I am still at KOBI NBC 5. The last year has been a great experience and I've had a variety of different responsibilities. I produce commercials for all of our initiative projects, plan special events and lots of other things. I was also fortunate to be able to produce and host a healthy cooking show. As I'm wrapping up my last few days here before my maternity leave, I will look back at this experience fondly and truly appreciate the wonderful people I have been able to work with.
Pregnancy has thankfully been a pretty easy journey for me. Of course morning sickness was an issue at the beginning, but it was gone by about 14 weeks. Apparently my regular 9am Cup of Noodles gave away my "condition" to a few co-workers, but most people were surprised when we announced the pregnancy at 12 weeks. The second trimester was much easier. Lots of energy, no nausea and a small belly...all good things. Of course it was around this time, right in the midst of my second trimester bliss, that Erik became ill with what has become an extremely long journey of hospital stays, testing for everything under the sun and of course, the mounds of medical bills. Once he finally received his diagnosis of C Diff, we at least had an idea of what we were dealing with and could make a plan. At this point, he is still slowly recovering from all of the residual effects of the disease, but everyday seems to be slightly better than the one before. So alas, we are moving forward and waiting anxiously for his health to fully return.


And now it is upon us. 17 days away from my due date and life will change at any moment. I can't believe this day is already just about here. I have wanted to be a mom my whole life and because of endometriosis, it wasn't always guaranteed. We have pretty much everything set for Noah's arrival and both mommy & daddy are ready! Oh, and of course Bella is ready too. She loves babies and will be an excellent big sister. Although, it will be an adjustment to learn that the nursery isn't actually a room full of new Bella toys and that the Moses basket is for brother to sleep in, not her. But I'm sure he will share. :) At last week's check up we found out that I was already 50% effaced. Hopefully after this past week of walking, stretching and exercises on the ball, we will find some progress at tomorrow's check-up. Although I have loved carrying this precious boy, feeling him grow nice and big inside me, and of course being able to eat endless carbohydrates, I can't wait to meet him and love on him forever.



this is a beautiful start to your blog :o) I'm so happy for you guys to have baby Noah on the way. You will, undoubtedly, be an amazing mother. xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou are one blessed little mamma! Praise god that Erik is getting better! How scary that must have been. You two are going to make the best parents, little Noah is so lucky to have two people that already love him so very much. Congratulations and good luck on life's endeavors! <3
ReplyDeleteRebekah